Dear Fellow Alumni,
As some of you may be aware, IIMA reviews periodically its long duration programmes. Accordingly, the 2-year PGP review process has begun. A Review Committee is formed for this purpose. The members of the Committee are seeking inputs from various stakeholders. A team of faculty members is visiting the USA. The team includes Profs. Raghuram, Shailesh Gandhi, Saral Mukherjee and Kirti Sharda. Prof. Raghuram is the member of the PGP Review Committee, Prof. Shailesh Gandhi is the Chairperson PGP program, Prof. Kirti Sharda is the current Chairperson of the Placement Committee and Prof. Saral Mukherjee had been the Chairperson, Placement before Prof. Sharda.
Please join us for an afternoon tea, at the Marriott Hotel, Newark International Airport, on 6th October, from 3.30 to 5.30 pm
, to share your thoughts with the Profs on this subject and also to get updates from the Profs on all things IIMA.
Please also see below the note from Prof. Rekha Jain, Chairperson of the Review Committee. I have also attached the letter from her along with two additional relevant documents.
More information and online registration: http://iimausaalumni.wildapricot.org/Default.aspx?pageId=1687636
Thanks / Best Regards,
President, IIMA Alumni Association, USA Chapter,
New York, NY
Ph. +16463265448 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +16463265448 FREE end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Here is the message from Prof. Rekha Jain, Chairperson of the PGP Review Committee. This was sent to the IIMA Ahmedabad Chapter, however the message is as much relevant for the US chapter.
A hearty welcome from your Alma mater. I am Rekha Jain, Chair of the PGP Review Committee (PGPRC). The team consists of Professors Abraham Koshy, Joshy Jacob, Parvinder Gupta, PrahaladVenkateshan, G Raghuram, and Sunil Sharma.
To enrich our deliberations and to put things in context, especially for those of you who passed out few years back and wondered about the changes in PGP since the time you left, I am enclosing some information. I am separately enclosing the PGP curriculum details for your reference. Some recent changes have been:
· Increased intake in order to fulfill the inclusion mandate of the government. Our current intake is around 380 participants per year. We now have 5 sections each with about 90 participants, including the PGP-ABM and FPM.
· Our PGP curriculum was reviewed in 2007-08 and some changes were suggested and implemented.
· The PGPs are involved in and contribute to a number of co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. For example, there are approximately 18 clubs covering a wide range of interest ranging from Consult, Finance, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Literature, Theatre, Nature, etc.
· Exchange program has become much more extensive covering collaboration with 59 international institutes. For example, for the current term the number of incoming participants from different b-schools across the globe is around 100 and outgoing participants is around 110.
· Greater role for IT both during class and for dissemination, submission etc.
· Number of electives has increased manifold and the scope of courses has become very wide as the attachment shows.
· They now have formal opportunities to interact with PGPX through some common courses.
· Key aspects that the PGPRC would like to discuss in the meeting are:
1. What was the unique value that PGP at IIMA gave you vis-à-vis your peers who did not go through IIMA?
2. Which of these values are relevant even today?
3. Based on your experience, what kind of managers would the industry need in future?
4. Accordingly, what attributes would you like to see in today's and future day's PGPs?
5. Based on your own experience and your experience with newer batches of PGPs, what are the major changes that you would like to see in the program?
6. As you look back, what should have been different at IIMA?
7. Could IIMA support you beyond the PGP as you move on in life? How?
It will be nice if you could deliberate on these issues before the meeting.
I look forward to hearing your views in the meeting and the dinner. Please feel free to send me an email regarding any issue that is not covered here and you may wish to discuss.
Look forward to meeting you on 20th September 2013.
Dr Rekha Jain
Executive Chair, IIMA-IDEA Telecom Centre of Excellence
Professor, Computers and Information Systems Group
Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
Gujarat, India 380015
Ph (M) +919825325750 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +919825325750 FREE end_of_the_skype_highlighting, (O):91(0)7966324822